Monday, November 10, 2014

Not a Review: Update on the Sound System Project

Back in July, I had a small crowdfunding campaign to raise funds I used to purchase components for a very affordable hypnosis office sound system I designed. Here's an update on that project:

I purchased a number of components, always looking for the least expensive options. As a result, some of the components I purchased were indeed worth the price--In other words, they were junk. So I've returned certain components and purchased better equipment. (In one case, the seller told me they'd had so many complaints about the product that they did not want me to return it, nor would they offer a replacement; instead, they issued a refund.)

I'm now down to one cord that remains untested. When I find an affordable option for it, the system will be complete, and I'll be able to publish a guide to creating a hypnosis office sound system on a shoe-string budget.

Though I went into the project recognizing that I would be sacrificing some quality, I'm actually quite pleased with what I've been able to assemble on a budget. It's actually as good as the $800 system I use with my clients, and readers should be able to assemble it for around $100.

So, stay tuned.

1 comment: