Saturday, June 11, 2011

Instant and Rapid Inductions, Second Edition

Title: Instant & Rapid Inductions, Second Edition
Author: Sean Michael Andrews
Format: 3-DVD Set
Source: www.worldsfastesthypnotist.com
Price: $149.95
Rating: Excellent


Most hypnosis instructional videos are do-it-yourself projects put out by independent entrepreneurs, and that considered, we're used to cutting the creators a little slack. After all, if you really wanted to attend a workshop on a topic near-and-dear to your heart, but you either couldn't get away or couldn't afford the tuition, travel, room, and board—well, then you might be willing to put up with an unedited video archive of the event, just to get the content. I've ploughed my way through some videos that were tough simply because the noisy window unit AC in the classroom kept cycling on and off, but I stuck with the because I knew the information would be worth the effort. I'm sure that those who sell hypnosis instruction videos are glad to have such a forgiving market.

And now, Sean Michael Andrews has gone and spoiled it with his latest DVD product, entitled "Sean Michael Andrews presents Instant and Rapid Inductions (Second Edition)." Talk about raising the bar.

This three DVD set, with a run-time just shy of three and a half hours, is the best-produced hypnosis video I've seen, due to vastly superior cinematography and editing. The first edition product was quite good, but the second edition proves that you can make a good thing better. Andrews intersperses footage from multiple workshops, many office sessions, and a variety of street hypnosis outings. He employs a professional camera operator and uses a lapel mic, resulting in interesting video and excellent audio.

Now, no matter how fancy the wrapping is, if a birthday present is a box of manure, it fails as a gift, yes? Well, let me assure my readers that Andrews not only provided the same high level of content his fans are used to, but in my opinion, stepped it up a notch. For one thing, the three discs are jam-packed with information on a wide variety of topics: inductions, pre-talk, suggestibility tests, deepeners, safety concerns, methods for eliciting phenomena (including positive and negative visual hallucination), and multiple approaches to awkward situations. Despite having viewed a number of Andrews' earlier videos and studied with quite a few different hypnotists, I picked up some new techniques and nuances. Andrews' clear teaching style and fun personality make this video a must-have for any aspiring hypnotist.

Full Disclosure: Though I've never met Sean in person, he and I are online friends. He sent me the videos in hopes that I would write a review.

No comments:

Post a Comment